Drop shipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product using the drop shipping model, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the seller doesn't have to handle the product directly. In this way, sellers doesn't stock or own inventory, and gains how much they sell. Many sellers join drop shipping for it avoids sellers from warehousing and shipping issues.
There are the basic work-flow of drop shipping:
1. Compare platforms which support drop shipping, and select your preferred one.
2. Select the category you would like to sell, and list your products with the product information provided by the third party. It's recommended to upload high quality pictures and enhanced keywords to gain more exposure.
3. Pass information to the third party when you have received orders. The third party will complete order shipping for you.
Things to keep in mind when list your products:
1. Select a category that matches your products most. Wrong category may have influence on your later promotions.
2. Buy UPC and EAN code from recognized providers.
3. Keep your product title short and brief (long and repetitive title may be rejected by Amazon, and you have to spend more time to check and re-submit which delays FBA stock-in and impact later promotions as well). The first character of each letter is usually capitalized, but conjunctions (and, or, for), articles (the, a, an) and prepositions shorter than 5 characters (in, on, over, with) do not apply. Use numerals in your title if any (2 instead of two). Use descriptive words instead of symbols (inch instead of "). Provide information about the specific product only (do not include marketing messages and product inventory information etc). Make your title within the limit specified at the category.
4. Upload high quality pictures (without watermark or logo, the main picture must use a pure white background). Do not include any text in your pictures, such as company logo, promotional information, shipping and postage etc.
5. Do not list products involved with copywrite issues which may lead to account suspensions. Do not sell brand products unless been authorized. Do not use portrait of famous persons, carton images, company logos and slagons unless been authorized.
6. Include critical keywords in your titles, such as color, size, model, specification, length, brand etc. Remember to compose them in a readable way.
7. Do not include any promotional and shipping information, such as DHL, Free shipping, Drop shipping etc.
8. Do not include content that buyers don't concern, such as UPC, inventory. It's not welcomed by Amazon as leads to poor customer experience.
9. Do not misspell your title or use special symbols.
10. Do not use fake or exaggerated description which may lead to future A-Zs, refunds or returns.
With acquaintance of the essential knowledge of drop shipping, you can start your own easily. Drop shipping is also available with PFC express, please feel free to contact us as needed.